Friday, July 17, 2009

Post-op day 3

Well.. today I woke up on my side.. oops. But My stomach felt surprisingly good getting out of bed, very little pain. I was able to take my morning pills and my protein shake with no problems. (ok.. it's an 8oz shake.. i was only able to drink about 2-3oz before i was full.. but still)

For those of you wondering what I had done. I was outfitted with what is known as a lap-band. It creates a small food pouch above your stomach that food enters first. You feel full much faster, so you eat less. Over time the band can have fluid added to it which adds restriction to the band. closing the passageway between the new pouch and the old stomach. This restriction means food stays in the pouch longer and consequently I am full longer.

video and info here: CLICKY (video is on the page also)

Officially I can move to the "pureed" food phase today. However I am holding off on doing so because my stomach is still quite swollen from surgery. I want to be able to have better feeling in that area before i go to more solid foods. even though pureed foods is only stuff like cream of wheat, mashed potatoes, etc.. i still don't want to push it.

Since surgery day (tuesday) I am down 9 lbs. as well.

1 comment:

  1. Joe, I pray that your surgery is a success and that you will have a long, healthy life!! Dana :)

    ReplyDelete