Tuesday, July 21, 2009

Ugh

Ok.. starting to have some serious doubts.

Yes.. im at the lowest weight I've been at in 3+ years.. after only a week.

However.. I am going through food cravings/withdrawal like I never ever believed possible. I want to eat. I want to chew something with some consistency. I am really starting to wonder if this was the right choice for me at this age.

Granted.. people told me.. you're fat. Doctors said something has to change. Parents said it's wonderful and it'll make your life so much better. All the brochures and preliminary conferences and stuff all said just smaller portions, i can deal with that no problem!!!

After finding a wonderful board with tons of banded people and lots of very HONEST opinions.. it seems alot of the information i *thought* was correct.. is way wrong!

Bread.. seems to get stuck in a band.. so.. mostly a no-no. I LOVE BREAD!
Rice, pizza, some chicken, lettuce, many cheeses, beer, soda.. ugh.

reason I say i could have waited is when I went in for my pre-op testing, and my testing day of.. all my results were perfect. blood pressure, glucose levels, blood counts, breathing, lung capacity, so.. basically my only fault.. was that im fat. Just wondering if I shouldn't have waited 10 yrs or somehting before doing something like this.

now true.. it's "different for everyone" but with 4 weeks until I can even attempt solid food.. im just starting to have some real doubts.. hopefully it's just withdrawl, hopefully I won't have as many negative food experiences as others (i.. am younger than 90% of them afterall)

No comments:

Post a Comment