Saturday, August 15, 2009

whoa buddy, we have restriction!!!

So.. after my first fill it was like nothing changed essentially. I felt exactly the same!

Second fill.. holy crap!!! I have to eat a LOT SLOWER.. i thought i was eating slow before, I was wrong. at night when I lay down for bed My stomach gets the worst gas pain i've ever had in my life.. it subsides if i shift around a bunch. but.. last night that meant a solid 30 minutes of shifting around before i actually fell asleep.

I read about drinking a solid 8-10oz of water about an hour before bed.. as it helps "flush" out your stomach.. sO i'm going to try that tonight and see if it helps!

Started working out steadily again.. i had been out walking.. but now i joined a gym. my first workout? walked/jogged a whole 1.2 miles, and biked another mile. I was dead tired too.. soooo out of shape it's not funny!

things going ok.. Waiting for swelling to go down in band and my body to adjust a bit before i leap into solid proteins.. i'm still eating mostly soft foods. I did try to munch on some bariatric pretzels i bought.. sounded good.. but they are also gluten free and kinda taste like cardboard! yay for money down the drain! (also one of those pretzels got stuck.. not fun.. i ate too fast for something so dry i thinking)

Can't tell if i look any different.. as I don't really have people here who see me much enough to notice.. so.. guess i'll just keep doing what i'm doing and working hard at it!

2 comments:

  1. Hey I've been following your blog. Congrats on restriction. Sorry about the gas pains :( Hope you're able to work it out.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just discovered your blog and wanted to say hi :)

    I'm from Michigan too!

    ReplyDelete